Done so far:
- PG&E will be disconnected on 08/02. Goodbye forever, you shitty conglomerate! In case I haven't already mentioned it, we are the first without power and the last to have it restored during every storm. Every single one. The good news is that we have two killer generators as a result, although we probably won't really need them anymore (we do plan to use the little Honda to run the a/c in Komfy at night during our travels).
- Water company is an asshole and won't take the account out of our name until close of escrow (we have no buyer yet).
- Returning cable internet modem on Saturday, at which point speedy cable internet will be never be available to us EVER AGAIN, most likely.
- This depressing fact is made better by the ultra-friendly guy that I spoke to today on the phone that's going to install our Exede satellite internet. I don't even care if satellite internet sucks - that dude was super chill and had me saying y'all during the course of our conversation.
- Cancelled our Chase Sapphire Preferred credit cards just in time before the annual fees came up. Those first-class seats courtesy of our sign-up bonus miles were mooonnneeey!
- Last pickup for trash service will be 7/27.
- Homeowner's insurance at the holler is paid up for a year.
- Suburban Propane is also an asshole because they won't refund us for the propane we're leaving in the tank. I didn't feel like arguing. Fuckers.
- Confirmed that our mover will be here within the time frame we agreed upon.
- Put new tires on Komfy.
- Make sure everyone comes and gets the shit they want out of our house this weekend (if you're on my give-away list, and you're reading this, and you haven't picked up your item(s) yet, I implore you to do so pronto).
- Finish boxing everything up.
- Continue wondering whether it really will all fit in the moving truck.
- Sell Mean Green.
- Pay registration for Komfy (DMV, Monday, 9am).
- Disassemble the IKEA furniture we're keeping (I know it's sad that we're keeping IKEA furniture, but we're going to be poor, and the nearest IKEA is five hours away in the ATL, and I like my shitty IKEA furniture, so THERE).
Already given away:
- Sofa table
- Small white storage cabinet in guest room
- Weight set
- Antique desk
- Danish chair
- Greenhouse windows
- A zillion plants
- At least 30 paper grocery bags full of stuff donated to my favorite thrift store in Los Gatos, The Happy Dragon. The lil ol lady there actually gave me a hug when I told her it would be my last drop-off.
Yet to be picked up:
- IKEA filing cabinet
- IKEA brown storage unit
- Big ass television
- Reproduction Marcel Breuer Wassily chair
- Piano (we all know this thing is going NOWHERE because no one wants to move a piano)
- IKEA blue bookcases
- Smaller computer desk
- Foot stools
- Miscellaneous wall art
- Lawnmower (ironic)
- Pressure washer
My BiL and SiL are in town this weekend, so hopefully they'll take some of this garbage off our hands. I'm a little sad about the Wassily chair, even though it is a knock-off, but I simply cannot justify lugging that hunk of chrome and leather out to the holler. And people would probably look at me funny anyway.
|Wassily and Nekkie.|
|Me and Ali wii-ing in front of the absurdly large 42" television, which is actually not that big compared to what|
some people I know have but would dwarf our entire living room at the holler. (There's Wassily again.)
|At least I know that Dany, my Danish armchair that I scored at|
Goodwill for $17 and recovered, is in good hands with Mandy.
Dang, my floors look good in that last picture. They are not that clean anymore, I assure you, with all the moving and whatnot.