Thursday, April 25, 2013

a cooking snob



The stove that came with our house was kind of a mess. It worked alright, but the oven cooked everything incredibly unevenly, I couldn't get any of the burners hot enough, and the old-school coil cooktop was no match for my culinary skills (or lack thereof). I mistakenly busted through a coil once trying to mash potatoes. It was impossible to keep clean. The knobs had lost most of their grip eons ago and were unruly to control to say the least.

We upgraded, and although I feel like a total snob for getting one of the more expensive model at Lowe's (okay, the most expensive), it's alright in our book to spend good money on good tools. It's got a double oven (but with one door instead of two -- something I've always wanted), is a breeze to clean, has two 3000W burners, and the knobs will never come loose.

I LURVES IT.

Also, I put some seeds in a wet paper towel the other day, didn't label it, hid it in the kitchen, found it today, and now I can't remember what they are. Guess I'll put them in a pot and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment