Tuesday, April 23, 2013

pepper seedlings gone awry





I heard my favorite songbird, the American Robin, this evening for the first time this year. It made me very happy a while back to learn that I'd get to listen to them out here in Tennessee after appreciating their song so much back in Cali.

A very bad cat named Nekkie decided to dump over my tray of pepper seedlings that I had put out to sun themselves on the porch railing. I think Jay and I were able to save them all, and he even commented that perhaps they'll be even hardier after surviving an unexpected 3-foot dump onto the porch. Fingers crossed because I don't think I can find Ghost Pepper (aka, Bhut Jolokia) seedlings anywhere around here anytime soon.

I bought this basil plant at Wal-Mart a few months ago during the depths of winter to give us hope of spring. It promptly started to turn black and lose every leaf and stem except one and miraculously held on. I pruned it the other day, and it's looking better and better each day. Hopefully, it will flourish and we'll be able to make and freeze lots of pesto this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment