Thursday, March 7, 2013

to texas and back

After an awesome visit with my folks on Sunday and Monday, Ali and I drove 1,154 miles from Port O'Connor, Texas back to Kyles Ford, Tennessee on Tuesday and Wednesday in our new friend, Ruby, the red Jeep.

We traveled through Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, and finally into our home state of Tennessee. We're still totally exhausted and recovering from our adventure.

Pictures tell the story better than I do. First, my Mom's pictures:

My Dad and me at the airport in Austin.

My Ma and me.

Then we added Ali to the mix.

It's been eight months since I've seen this fine gal.

Enjoying 70 degree weather.

Delilah wanted the salt & vinegar potato chips.

Good grub at Hurricane Junction.


Bye-bye Texas!

And now mine:

Ali and Bluto, the mastiff/border collie mix.


My Pops doing what he does best: cleaning things.


Gulf coast foliage.

Port O'Connor jetty.




Bluto enjoying some freedom.


Delilah enjoying Bluto's bed.

Bloody Marys on the deck.

Ali, Ma, and me.

Checking out Mom's garden on a stroll over to the neighbor's house.

Mom and me in the neighbor's fancy home gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment