Friday, May 10, 2013

peanuts + spinach





 I harvested our first spring crop this afternoon (I don't count the kale as the first because that was overwintered) -- a giant bowlful of delectable looking Winter Bloomsdale spinach. I could have picked it a week ago but just hadn't gotten around to it yet.

Yesterday, I planted Tennessee Valencia peanuts intercropped with Black Seeded Simpson lettuce (hopefully as a weed supressor). Peanuts are something that I never would have thought to grow, but moving to the south (and, consequently, having consistent rainfall year-round) has meant trying lots of new garden edibles.

Despite being under the weather all day today, I cleaned the house and probably completely overexerted myself, so here's to hoping all that lush green spinach gives my immune system the boost it needs to fight whatever asshole bug is invading my body.

No comments:

Post a Comment